Monday, April 11, 2011

Land of the Sand

Turku in summer
Image courtesy of Turku Touring

Day 4 in the Kingdom - Dag 4 i Kungariket
 
I got some comments on my previous blog from a few friends, such as "If you squint really hard it looks like Turku" :) For those of you who don't know, Turku was my home town of 10+ years.

To give you some more ideas of where I am I can tell you that:
- the cars are driving on the right side of the road (literally)
- the weather is a "balmy" 35 degrees. I say balmy because it is the start of spring over here...
- in order to survive over here you have to let go of common sense as defined by Western culture :)
- the meals are super sized
- writing goes from the right to the left and it is hard to understand any of it!

As some of you might have guessed, I am in the Middle East in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia to be more exact! As a country it is not completely new to me as I have visited twice before when visiting my husband's family.  For my husband this country is home as he knows it, he was born here and lived here for most of his life prior to moving to Australia.

For me this is an exciting adventure and I know that things in our new home country (?) will not always be easy. But I am determined to make the most of it! I will definitely be sharing a lot of my experiences with you, taking some photos along the way!

Take care all, I'll be back again soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...