Monday, April 18, 2011

Disappointed

Day 11 in the Kingdom - Dag 11 i Kungariket

I thought I'd check the news from my native Finland, just to see how the results from the general election turned out. I am extremely disappointed to learn that the nationalist party the True Finns have managed to gain 19% of the vote! That makes them the third largest party.

I am also disappointed that I did not get to cast my vote in this election. The reason being that I was traveling while the polling was held in Australia as well as Bahrain, which means I missed out completely!

Redigerat den 24 april: Ganska störande att jag skriver en lång berättelse ENDAST PÅ ENGELSKA om hur upprörande valresultatet var... Jag var i djup schock, vad annat kan jag säga! Däremot är jag glad att se att den finlandssvenska identiteten har förstärkts som en följd av detta.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...