Monday, February 3, 2014

Taif, Saudi Arabia

When my family visited in December we decided to do some traveling in Saudi, rather than traveling somewhere else in the Middle East. We chose to travel to Jeddah and nearby Taif, mainly because we wanted something that was easily accessible and not too far off the beaten track.

Here are some photos from the area around Taif, a city in the mountains 2 hours drive from Jeddah.



One of the biggest attractions were, quite surprisingly, baboons. Maybe because all the water parks were closed.


The last few kilometres the road was anything but straight.


Lots of hazy weather because of the changes in temperature. Our woollen sweaters did get a good exercise while in Taif.




See the building immediately to the left of the bridge, that was our hotel. Do. Not. Recommend. It. If you wake me twice during the night just to check what time I want my breakfast the next morning, I will not be a happy camper!!!

I have a feeling Taif becomes overloaded with Jeddawis during the hotter summer months, hence all the water parks. Good for a one night stay I'd say, but not longer.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...