Monday, January 27, 2014

Pedal to the metal

 

So driving is off limits to women here in Saudi Arabia. I will not go on about the reasoning behind it and will not dwell on how I feel about it. Let me say that it is annoying and makes life a bit inconvenient (understatement of the year...)

 

So tonight I am speeding using a different sort of engine: my sewing machine. What can I say, you take what you can get after a while. Here I'm working away on some doll blankets for my neighbours daughter.

 

I guess I could have used a cutesy, girly fabric, but instead I went with bright, bold and, quite frankly, annoying. This is a pillowcase that is now being repurposed, because I just can not live with a king bed that is covered in this pattern. What you see in this shocking quality photo is actually the least migraine inducing part of the fabric.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...