Sunday, September 9, 2012

Family matters

For the past five months I have had my in-laws living with me. My husband's older sister has been here since before our daughter was born and my mother- and father-in-law joined us later. Tomorrow they are all heading back to India and it'll be a while before we meet again.

It has been great having them around and we have had some wonderful family moments. I am glad that my daughter has been able to spend this time with her extended family, although she won't remember these early months of her life. But I want to teach her the importance of family and ler her experience the love that her family provides.

I will be very sad when all of them leave, it's a good thing we are off to Finland in a few days so the void will be filled.

I feel privileged to be part of my husband's family and it is humbling to try to experience life from their perspective. We might not always agree on everything, but we are family, and that is all that matters!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...