Monday, March 10, 2014

Little girl, big day



We are back on Saudi soil and the day/night rhythm is slowly creeping back to normal. So it's time to get back in to the swing of things!

Yesterday was a big day for our little girl, it was her first day at day care! A day that I was sort of looking forward to, because the past few weeks were quite intense. Imaan was increasingly seeking my attention and presence during almost everyone minute of the day. I know it's part of her development, but coupled with shocking night sleep and day time naps that sometimes lasted about seven minutes, I was left exhausted

and needed a bit of a breather.

But suddenly at the door of the day care center my eyes were welling up. My little baby, all of a sudden she seemed so big and so independent. I guess the fact that she did not even look back to say bye made the separation harder for me :) 

She had a very good first day, although when I went to pick her up she started bawling the moment she saw me. Apparently that is to be expected. I'm hoping almost goes well for day 3 tomorrow!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...