Tuesday, May 7, 2013

The birthday party sook... and an ode to all mothers

Our baby girl turns one later this month and we did not want to have a massive birthday bash for her. A couple of girls in the playgroup at our compound are also celebrating their birthdays in May so we decided to combine our efforts and have a joint party for the girls!


Look at the beautiful cake my wonderful friend made for the girls!
She makes cakes when she's not busy raising a now 7 month old boy :)

The party was a great success, thanks to my great co hostesses and all our lovely guests, big and small. But... has anyone had their eyes well up when everyone is singing "Happy Birthday"? I kid you not, that happened to me!

I really don't know what came over me. Maybe it is sadness over the baby year that is soon coming to an end. It might not have been the easiest year, but it has been the most life changing and rewarding experience ever! Maybe it was because I was able to celebrate this occasion with a group of great people. Women (and their adorable children) from all corners of the world. Women who are all so different, but who all possess so many admirable qualities. Women who make me think "How on Earth do they do it?"

Thank you to you all, and thank you for making this party such a great success! But must of all, thank you for being part of our lives!

A very happy Mothers Day to all mums out there! You all deserve a pat on your back, because you are doing the most difficult job in the world: being a Mum!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...