Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Living green



This week is the national recycling week. I would love to do my part, but sometimes it`s a bit hard. I`ll tell you why.

For starters, our building does not have a recycling bin. Which means that we either have to throw recyclable material in the usual bin or use the neighbours recycling bin. You can probably guess which option I have chosen. In addition to that, there`s no incentive to recycle bottles or soda cans. Back home you get paid (albeit a very minute amount) for every bottle that you bring back. No such system exists here, except for the state of South Australia. But somehow that idea did not take in other parts of the country...

But plenty of people in my area are doing their part. So far this year on the Gold Coast more than 46 000 tonnes of waste has been recycled. That`s a lot more than I would have thought!

Tell me dear friends, how do you try to be more green?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...