Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Happiness is... a clean home


I must admit that I’m not a super tidy person, nor do I obsess about the shoes not being perfectly lined about or if something is out of its place (OK, maybe sometimes I do…). Our home is definitely one of those places that looks like someone lives there, there are some books stacked here, a watch there etc. I have seen homes that look immaculate all the time, but I have to admit that many of them feel like they lack character, some even border on sterile.

What I do love though, is a clean house. I hate dust and watermarks on the bathroom mirror. Hence I was very happy to come home from work on Monday finding that the apartment had been vacuumed, the shelves had been dusted AND there were two meals on the stove ready to go! Needless to say, the dishes had also been done. Ah, bliss…

I feel bad for my husband though; he is allergic to dust, so I’m usually the one doing the dusting. Note to self, will bake him something nice next weekend.


Dom som känner mej, vet att jag inte är världens superstädigaste människa. De spelar ingen roll om skorna står lite snett, eller om saker och ting inte är på rätt plats (för det mesta). Jag gillar hem där det syns att någon bor, jag avskyr hem som saknar karaktär eller som e så fixade in i minsta detalj att det känns sterilt. Hemma hos oss står det en hög med tidingar här, en klocka ligger på bordet där osv.

Vad jag gillar är ett rent hem, jag hatar damm och vattenmärken på badrumsspegeln. Föreställ er min glädje när jag kom hem från jobbet på måndagen och fann att golvet var dammsuget, hyllorna var dammade och på spisen stod maten färdig, både kyckling och indiska köttbullar (koftas). Till råga på allt var disken också diskad!

Som tack ska jag nog ta och baka något gott nästa helg.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...